Archive for December, 2016
Moxy hotels the hip Marriott and IKEA brand was introduced in 2014, and coming in 2017 to Amsterdam. The first Dutch settlement is built at the Houthavens (next to the Amsterdam Central Station) in Amsterdam.
The first Moxy hotel opened in Milan in 2014. Moxy collaborates for the establishment with IKEA. The Moxy hotels are characterized by the budget rates, “smart design” rooms, plenty of connections for electricity, a full bathroom and a fast wifi connection. The ground floor will get a lively lobby. Moxy will focus on Millennials, people between 18 and 33 years (generation X and Y). They want minimal décor and maximum experience. The Moxy Hotel Amsterdam at the IJ also receives a restaurant and swimming pool.
Moxy can keep the rates low by saving among hotel staff. The aim is to let the guests do as much as possible themselves. Despite the low rates the hotel guests keep receiving the Marriott Rewards loyalty points or for an overnight stay.
Moxy hotels can be found in other popular cities like Berlin, Aberdeen, Frankfurt and New Orleans. Before 2020 Moxy wants to open 150 hotels worldwide. In Utrecht Rotsoord, Moxy will open a hotel with 160 rooms, construction start is scheduled for late 2017. A list of all Moxy hotels can be found on moxy-hotels.tumblr.com/all-moxy-hotels.
All inclusive holidays are the kind of holiday some would dream of – where everything is taken care of and all that is left for you to do is relax and enjoy. This is so because everything is paid for upfront like the flights, accommodation, meals, drinks and activities.
Essentially, a round price per person is offered. All inclusive holidays are usually for a seven day period. Air travel is included in with ATOL protection in the UK which takes care of the consumer’s interests in the event of the tour operator not providing or unable to provide because of some unforeseen event, what was promised in the tour package.
An all inclusive package usually contains
- Return Transfers
- Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Snacks throughout the day
- Locally produced alcoholic and soft drinks including wine and beer
- Selected activities
- Gyms and swimming pools
- Live entertainment
- Children’s activities.
These tours are described in detail on the tour operator’s website, and since there are many, they can be sorted on different parameters like price or ranking by an independent agency, for the consumer to make a good and fairly easy choice. Reviews of those who took those holiday packages also are a very important input when deciding.
Last minute all inclusiveholdiays & off season all inclusive holidays
These are the all inclusive holidays to look at if you are looking for good deals. Last minute holidays require a prior booking period of four weeks not less. Although regular scheduled airline charges increase for last minute flights, chartered flights which operate on all inclusive holidays sell last minute deals mainly to sun destinations. Off season all inclusive holidays are greatly enjoyed and highly ranked by trip advisory sites. Favorite destinations include the Caribbean, Mexico etc.
How to have the best all inclusive holiday
- Look for the best names in holiday providers in the business
- Book early and as a group
- Choose a suitable resort. If there are no children, go for an adults only resort and vice versa. Children will enjoy at a resort that have activities and amenities provided for their enjoyment.
- Get to know the resort before hand. Don’t choose a resort which is far from civilization.
- Be prepared for costs that have not been considered, like the cost of visiting specialty restaurants in the resort, consumption of imported liquor, using game tables – You mostly have to pay for these as well as excursions, laundry, massages, beauty treatments and internet
- Travel off season, and keep an eye out for sales
- Consider travel insurance for medical emergency, emergency evacuation and repatriation and trip cancellations.
- Take the help of the concierge and advantage of their knowledge regarding local attractions.
- Make dinner reservations for a high end restaurant at the resort you wish to visit
- Ask if your food can be packed if you are setting out for the day
- Ask for any amenities that might be missing eg. Baby cots
- Be clear about the tipping policy by observing others and asking at the front desk.